"I have supervised members of The Oswin Project refurbishing a property. They have been punctual, hardworking and motivated. They finished their work within the agreed time and produced a very professional job. My team were happy to work with them and we will be using them again." - Raymond Turnbull - Welbeck Estates
Oswin Project supports ex-offenders in the north of England through employment and apprenticeship opportunities. The project offers supervision and guidance during every step.
The charity has a wide range of staff and volunteers, many of which have also had experiences within the criminal justice system. This ensures that those they support are understood and approached with a person-centred ethos.
Oswin Project works to change lives through:
- Offering training and opportunities to obtain qualifications.
- Supporting the transition to permanent employment.
- Giving ex-offenders a second chance to build a better future after imprisonment
The charity also appreciates that changing perceptions is also very important through:
- Giving ex-offenders a chance to become a valued and law-abiding member of society.
- Addressing the causes of offending to prevent re-offending and improving community safety.
- Nurturing a move towards permanent employment, where those working around them can see a positive outcome from offending.
You can learn more about the life-changing work that Oswin Project does on the charity's website.
"Our Oswinners get a chance to train, learn people skills, what it means to work, and gain a purpose in life" - Fiona Sample, CEO
You can support Oswin Project here: